On Campus Options
Students may retake one semester or the entire year of a course in which they earned a D or F at Concord High School ONLY if there is room in the Master Schedule
What it is
- Computer-based course remediation program
- Self-paced within each semester
- Designed for students who work well independently
- Courses may be retaken in order to meet graduation requirements, college entrance requirements, or both; NOT for original credit.
Classes offered with a-g approval
- English I, English II, English III, English IV
- World History
- U.S. History
- Algebra I
- Algebra 2
Classes offered for GRADUATION ONLY (NOT a-g approved)
- Environmental Science A & B (Environmental Science)
- Physical Science (General Physical Science)
- Consumer Education
Courses that can be taken to make-up elective credits
- Ethnic Studies
- Career Exploration (Career Transition)
- Health Education (Healthy Living)
- Learning in the Information Age A & B
- Economic Decision Making (Modern Living I)
- Cyber High is offered during 0 and 6th period during the regular school day
- Students are enrolled at the beginning of first or second semester
How it works
- Students are supervised by a certified Concord High teacher
- Enrolled students are held to strict attendance and behavior standards
- At least 60 hours are required to make up 5 credits
- Enrolled students must attend Cyber High everyday
- Students are expected to finish 5 credits per semester. Students who do not finish by the semester deadline may be dropped from the course
- Once students finish coursework and quizzes, there is a unit test form each chapter (exams are to be approved and scheduled with the Cyber High teacher)
- Only a limited number of students may participate, so enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to seniors
- The composite score of the five unit tests are combined to make the final grade
- We strongly encourage students to speak with their Cyber High teacher for any questions, concerns or clarifications
Off Campus Options
Loma Vista Night School
The Credit Recovery Program (Concurrent Program*) offers High School Seniors in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District high schools the chance to repeat previously failed courses after the regular high school day.
The courses usually offered during the year vary by semester, including:
- English 1, 2, 3, 4
- World History, US History, Government, Economics
Classes are held in afternoon sessions at Loma Vista Adult Center, 1266 San Carlos Ave., Concord CA 94518.
Fall Term Dates: TBD Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
Spring Term Dates: TBD Monday and Wednesday 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
Spring Term Dates: TBD Tuesday and Thursday 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
(Times may be subject to a slight change)
The term for each class is 12 weeks and coincides with the MDUSD K-12 semesters. The start date for your course will be given to the student or parent/guardian during registration. Five credits are awarded at the end of the 12-week term if the student successfully completes the course, including work and testing. Students may be dismissed due to tardies/absences, lack of progress, or inappropriate behavior. Students may also be awarded fewer credits based on work completion and test scores.
Forms are sent directly to the high school counselor. Once the application form is completed with ALL the required information and signed by the school counselor, parent and student, students and/or parents should bring the completed form to the High School Office at Mt. Diablo Adult Center, 1266 San Carlos Ave., Concord CA 94518 during the registration period. Seniors will always have priority in the classes.